Experienced Lawrenceville, GA Divorce & Child Custody Attorney
Divorce and other family legal issues can be sensitive and highly distressing. Most people hope that they wouldn’t have to deal with a family-related legal case, but the reality is that many familial situations need to be resolved under the law, be it the end of a marriage, child custody disputes, a former spouse failing to obey court orders, or domestic violence.
Though there are difficulties that come with Family Law issues, you can ensure they are handled efficiently and sensitively by a reliable attorney. In Lawrenceville, Georgia, the Family Law firm of Attorney Sharon Jackson, LLC is trusted for competent yet compassionate legal services for families and individuals.
Led by experienced lawyer Sharon Jackson, our firm provides personalized attention to each client we work with, helping them navigate the complex legal landscape surrounding their case. Our goal is to protect each client’s rights and secure what they are entitled to, while working for a resolution that’s least damaging for everyone involved.
If you’re facing divorce or have a family situation where you need to protect yourself, reach out to Lawrenceville divorce lawyer Sharon Jackson.
Schedule an appointment.
What We Handle
- Divorce – Whether you are the one pursuing divorce or are responding to your spouse’s divorce filing, we help safeguard your interests in matters such as property division and spousal support (alimony).
- Legal Separation – In Lawrenceville and the rest of Georgia, the separation of spouses is not legally recognized, but there is another legal option called separate maintenance. Talk to us to learn whether this is the option for you.
- Child Custody – The welfare of your child is on the line, and you also want to ensure a continuing relationship with them. Let us advocate for you through this complicated issue, including matters like parenting plans, parenting time (visitation), and child custody modification.
- Paternity and Legitimation – The law becomes more complex when the fatherhood of a child isn’t legally certain. If you’re a father hoping to legitimize your parentage, or if you’re a mother dealing with a paternity issue, we can help.
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements – Pre-nups and post-nups offer several benefits to couples, but they’re also tricky to navigate. If your partner has brought up this agreement, or if you’re the one initiating it, talk to us for sound legal advice.
- Order Modification – If you wish to change an existing court order regarding child custody, child support, or alimony, we can provide legal assistance in Gwinnett County and beyond.
- Contempt and Enforcement – What do you do if your ex-spouse fails to obey a family court order? Two ways to remedy that are contempt and enforcement proceedings. Conversely, if you’re the one facing a contempt action, we can protect your legal rights.
- Grandparent Rights – Grandparents in Georgia have the right to fight for child custody and/or visitation. If you’re a grandmother or grandfather hoping to take care of your grandchild, talk to us and see how we can help you.
Contact a Lawrenceville Divorce Attorney Today
Attorney Sharon Jackson is also experienced in more complex Family Law cases such as restraining and protective orders, military divorce, high-net worth divorce, Christian divorce, and divorcing a narcissist.
Get high-quality legal guidance and representation in your specific family case. Talk to Lawrenceville divorce attorney Sharon Jackson by calling (678) 909-4100 today.